Your Hatboro Root Canal Therapy Professionals
Many people dread root canal treatments because they think it is painful. However, the treatment will relieve the pain that is caused by infected tooth pulp. What's more, root canal therapy is now almost painless, thanks to technological advancements. The treatment will also preserve your smile by avoiding tooth extraction.
Our patients enjoy a comfortable experience when having their root canal therapy at Modern Dentistry of Hatboro. We are proud to provide professional root canal treatments to support your optimal oral health. Schedule a consultation with our dental team as soon as possible to discuss the best solution for you!
CALL US: (215) 672-2244 REQUEST APPOINTMENT
What is Root Canal Therapy?
A root canal is done when an infection, trauma, or decay has reached the tooth's nerves, pulp, or tissues. Root canal therapy, also called endodontic treatment, gets rid of the infection without removing the tooth. Our team will remove the inflamed pulp, then clean and disinfect the tooth. Root canal treatment will help you save your natural tooth.
Signs you may need root canal therapy include:
- Persistent pain
- Tooth sensitivity
- Swollen gums
- Cracked or chipped tooth
- Tooth discoloration
- Bumps on the gums
The Treatment Process
Everyone is different when it comes to root canal therapy, which is why we insist on personalized treatments. Our comprehensive Hatboro root canal therapy features the steps below:
- Exam and imaging for precise diagnosis: Dr. Millan will examine your tooth for signs of infection and use x-rays to check the severity of the issue. Then, our root canal dentist will customize the treatment for your condition.
- Sedation for relaxation and anxiety: We want you to have a stress-free procedure, and sedation can help. You can also listen to music and talk things out with the dentist to ensure you feel confident.
- Removal of infected pulp: Our dentist will remove all the inflamed tissue via a small access hole. You will no longer feel pain because we will remove the infected pulp along with the nerves.
- Cleaning and disinfecting: It is essential to clean and disinfect the root canal to discourage reinfection and promote oral health. Our dentist will also shape the walls of the root canal and place filling material.
- Final restoration: We will seal the canal space, install a crown, and restore the tooth’s appearance. It is crucial to seal the tooth to avoid reinfection.
Root Canal Recovery
Once the local anesthetic wears off, you will likely feel mild discomfort and sensitivity. These effects may last a few days. Over-the-counter medication will give you relief from any post-treatment soreness. Dr. Millan will examine any persistent pain or swelling to decide if other treatments are needed.
We will send you home with a few instructions to make the recovery time short and comfortable, including:
- Eat soft food: Avoid foods that need a lot of chewing after root canal therapy. Smoothies, soups, and mashed food are all great options.
- Avoid smoking: Avoid smoking or vaping as they interfere with the healing process.
- Get adequate rest: Oral surgery will leave you tired and sore, and you should rest for one or two days.
- Gargle with warm, salty water: Gargling your mouth with warm, salted water will discourage infection and keep your gums clean.
- Be watchful: While recovery is often quick, you should call our team if the swelling and pain is long-lasting.
- Brush gently: You can use slow circling motions when brushing to clean around the affected area.
Is Root Canal Therapy Better than Extraction?
If you have severe tooth decay, your options will most likely be root canal therapy or extraction. Extraction is seen as a last resort because the bone will deteriorate and weaken without the tooth.
At Modern Dentistry of Hatboro, we want to help you keep your natural teeth for as long as possible. We will only recommend a solution after getting a full picture of your situation to identify the problem. If your tooth can be saved with root canal treatment, your bone health will remain intact, preserving a more youthful facial appearance.
Quality Root Canal Therapy in Hatboro
Our reliable team has years of experience in conducting root canal therapy and relieving symptoms. We use modern techniques to make the process as stress-free as possible. We are committed to giving you quality family dental services to preserve your smile. To find out if you need root canal therapy, contact Modern Dentistry of Hatboro today to schedule a consultation!
CALL US: (215) 672-2244 REQUEST APPOINTMENT